Walk 2011

Friday, April 29, 2011

Let's Get NAKED!

Since my mom is out of town visiting the new grand-baby, I had to pick Christopher up from his after school sitter and bring him home.  Within minutes he decided he didn't want to wear clothes. (I think his goal was a bath but he didn't mention that until I said it was not bath time).  He has been on this kick taking off his socks and shoes.  Well, today it started with the shirt.  He managed to get the 2 buttons undone and pull the shirt off over his head.  It wasn't smooth like someone who has been doing it a while but he did pretty good.  (Mental note- let Christopher dress and undress himself).    Next came the socks and shoes.  He's gotten pretty good at that one.  But no stopping there, down came the pants.  At this point I tell him "no bath" in hopes that the diaper stays on.  The diaper stays but he heads back the hallway saying bath so I use this as an opportune time to get him to go potty.  He uses the potty and on goes a pull-up.  (Whew- no meltdown about not getting a bath right now)  Christopher spent the afternoon running around the house in a pull-up. 

It's innocent today, and I'm hoping it doesn't cross environments and become a trend that turns into a problem.  His IEP is next week so wouldn't it be great to have to address "Christopher has started stripping in class...."

No comments:

Post a Comment