Walk 2011

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baths and Haircuts

There are two things I hate dealing with when it comes to Christopher.  Those are baths and haircuts.  Baths have always been a source of trouble for us. Christopher had tubes put in his ears in August 2009 so I had to be extra careful when washing his hair and not just dump the water over his head.  Still at 3+years old, Christopher doesn't understand holding his head back so I can get him rinsed.  It takes extra long for me to give his bath.  Danny does better with him so I try to con him into doing it whenever possible.

Baths also used to be a big behavior problem for us.  Christopher thought he should have a bath every night and it should be when he wanted to have it.  We had several meltdowns over not getting a bath that we had to work through.  I remember once, I told him we were going to Mammaw's (within walking distance) to get him out of the house and past the meltdown.  We have had other meltdown causes but I'm sure they will come up later.  We don't have meltdowns anymore for that reason but baths continue to be a good motivator when I'm ready to come home.

The other time I hate is haircuts.  This only comes to mind because he is past due for a trim.  I always tell the stylist that a bad haircut is okay.  He moves and cries and is very difficult.  I usually get Mammaw to go along to hold him in the chair and then I hold his head still and hope no one gets cut in the process.  It's the only time I wish he were a girl and then I could just let his hair grow long.

Another area a lot of parents have difficulty with is nail trimming, but we are fortunate in that area.  Christopher will sit still and watch me trim his nails

PS- Christopher just won a battle with Danny over the TV.  No more  The Stand, Wonder Pets is on (at least until bedtime in another 40 minutes).  Amazing what a sad crying face can do and a whole lot of spluttering that sounded a lot like "mean daddy" 

No comments:

Post a Comment