Walk 2011

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back on the Wagon

It has been back to real life this week.  We survived the rest of the Easter Weekend and had to get back into the routine of things.  Allison headed back to school on Monday and Christopher back on Tuesday.  Where have the days gone when I could sleep until the kids started to move?  I started a second job this week.  It will normally be a every other weekend over night gig but this week and the next couple are about training.  I had to be in Hagerstown by 7:45 on Monday morning!  Oh My! I'm barely functional by then and had to plan for an hour drive.  I left before the kids were up that morning.  The rest of the week hasn't been as rough but I got into the habit of gettin up and getting ready.

On Sunday I realized our AC wasn't acting quite right and it was definately messed up by Monday.  So we had a couple of nights without AC.  It wasn't horrible but Christopher didn't sleep well and Allison complained the first night.  We got it fixed yesterday with the push of a magic button and a warning from the AC guy to replace the filter MONTHLY!  Unfortunately with the the extra heat, Christopher started coming in our room to sleep at night.  I hoped and prayed he would sleep through the night last night since the AC was fixed and the house was comfortable but Oh No, at 4 am here comes the pitter patter.  That's not so bad but he was awake and wiggly.  He didn't go back to sleep right away like usual.  He finally nodded off and I had to wake him this morning for school.

We have had a break-through with bath time.  The last couple of baths I gave him, he has been able to follow the direction to put his head back.  He still isn't the easiest but it is a whole lot easier.  He's also hit this barefoot thing.  Within minutes of walking in the door, he's got his shoes and socks off.  It started on the van when he had to wait for his turn to get off when they got to the school.  He's done it a couple of times when we were sitting in the car waiting.  I'm not sure why. I have been thinking he's probably coming due for some new shoes.

Lots of different thoughts are rushing as I watch him play and interact but I'll save those for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment