Walk 2011

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthday Party

Christopher had his first real birthday party with friends this past Monday night.  His last three have been small family parties after church at McDonald's.  He started school right after his 3rd birthday so this year he had classmates to invite.  Christopher went to a classmate's party just a couple of weeks ago at Chuck E. Cheese.  I had dreams of having his party at Pump It Up, an inflatable play place but it wasn't in the cards financially.  It's expensive to host a birthday party.  So I made a late decision to do Chick-fil-a and it turned out great.  We had a good group of kids show up from school, church and family friends and they all seemed to have a blast.  I felt a little bad for the other patrons who had to endure the noise in the play area.

His dad and I made the cupcakes and they turned out great!  We had a Spider-man cupcake tree and offered two flavors.  The kids liked the kid's meals and ice-cream and then we did presents.   I'm glad we opened them there because it would have been too late to do it once we got home.  Poor Christopher wasn't able to play with anything when we got home because he had to go to bed and then in the morning he had to go to school.  What a crappy start to birthday presents!  I had Mam-maw pick up some of them to take to her house so he'd finally get to play with stuff.

He got to celebrate his birthday again at school.  He wouldn't wear his birthday crown but enjoyed the snacks I sent in.

One is his old teachers got to see him in action at the Chick-fil-a party to see how much he has progressed.  Christopher was playing with his friends and I got him to talk some during the party.  It's amazing to think my little guy is 4 years old now.

No comments:

Post a Comment