Walk 2011

Sunday, June 12, 2011

To everything there is a season....

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.

Things are changing in our house.  The first major change is the reason I'm awake at 1 am to write this.  I got a part time job that is supposed to be my fun money.  The fun right now is working to get things caught up and cover a few extras.  There are further employment changes coming.  I've put in my notice to leave the safety and security of a job I've held for the past 5 years to begin a new program in the community.  Its scary and exciting at the same time.  I've become the "go-to" person at the office for anything and everything, which could be one of the precipitating factors for wanting to leave.  When there is a question about anything, I seem to be the first person people run to.  Even though people understand my decision to leave, I have caused several people (and more to come) sadness.  It's hard to disappoint people, even when its "just a job".  I've taken pride in my work and the reputation that I have in the community. 

Things are starting to catch up with me.  I'm near the point of exhaustion.  I have 2 weeks of school to finish a bunch of work.  To reduce that stress, I'm only taking one class next term instead of 2.  I'm taking a break from my reading to do this entry.  It's been a while since I wrote anything too.  The full time job has had me busy and the part time job wears me out on the weekends.  There is absolutely no time to clean my house or do laundry.  I'm short tempered and irritable.  I want to go lay in my bed and sleep for a week.

On a separate note, Christopher continues to do spectacularly.  Both kids are off from school but Christopher goes back for the month July.  He is trying to say more.  We don't always understand what he's saying.  He's also showing just how smart he is.  If we can get him to "perform" I don't see any problem with him going to regular ed Kindergarten.  He still has 2 years of pre-school to get ready for that obstacle.  The clapping and yelling in church has become expected.  He's doing better at staying for all of the singing and letting me hold him.  He may be able to sit through a church service eventually.

Allison goes away for her first week of camp in another week.  She's planning to be gone for two weeks.  She leaves on Sunday and returns on Saturday for Girl Scout Camp.  Church camp runs the following week.  I'm thinking she's going to be too intolerable to do both weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment